SERVO-HYDRAULIC TECHNOLOGY FROM SUTHERLAND PRESSES
THE ADVANTAGES OF SERVO HYDRAULIC PRESSES
Servo hydraulic presses are advanced and versatile machines used in metal forming, composite manufacturing, and other industrial applications. These presses use a combination of hydraulic systems and servo motors for precise control and energy efficiency. Some key advantages of servo hydraulic presses include: https://lnkd.in/gTecuuT
1. Precision control: Servo hydraulic presses use servo motors to allow for superior control of hydraulic pressure, position, and velocity. This enables better accuracy and repeatability in the forming process, resulting in higher-quality products with less waste and reduced need for post-processing adjustments.
2. Energy efficiency: By using servo motors, these presses can regulate power consumption based on the requirements of the operation. This leads to energy savings compared to traditional hydraulic presses, which typically consume more power due to continuous circulation of hydraulic fluid.
3. Programmable operations: Servo hydraulic presses often feature advanced control systems with programmable operations, allowing users to customize the press for a wide range of applications. This flexibility is particularly useful for metal forming and composites manufacturing, where different materials and processes may require unique press conditions.
4. High force and speed capabilities: These presses can generate high forces over a wide range of speeds, which is vital for specific applications like deep drawing and forging. The combination of high force and precise control enables the efficient processing of a wide variety of materials, including those that are difficult to form.
5. Quieter operation: Servo hydraulic presses typically generate less noise than traditional hydraulic presses. This leads to a more comfortable working environment and potentially reduced hearing-related risks for operators.
6. Reduced maintenance: The improved control offered by servo motors often translates to reduced wear and tear on the system, in turn reducing the need for frequent maintenance, reducing downtime, and saving on maintenance costs.
In summary, servo hydraulic presses offer several advantages over traditional hydraulic presses in terms of control, energy efficiency, flexibility, and productivity. These benefits make them particularly well-suited for applications in metal forming, composite manufacturing, and other industries where precision, speed, and versatility are critical.
#manufacturing #energy #quality #maintenance #productivity #environment #power #composites #thermoforming #sampe2023 #camx #defenceindustry #aerospacemanufacturing #automotive #umformtechnik #maschinenbau